For visitors with disabilities
- Please enter through the ground floor entrance to the right of the main entrance or the new entrance from the backyard of the museum. There are automatic door openers at each entrance.
- All of the exhibitions are accessible via the lifts. The lifts measure 165x125 cm. The door width is 85 cm. The lifts have automatic door openers. There is a ramp to some of the exhibitions and the café. Ask a reception staff if you need help.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available to borrow. Contact the reception staff upon arrival.
- The disabled WC is next to the cloakroom. The door width is 90 cm. There is also a disabled WC at the staff entrance.
For visitors with visual impairment
- The stairs are marked on the bottom and the top step. Handrails are fitted on many, but not all of the staircases.
- You can borrow magnifying glasses and torches at the entrance. We have raised print and Braille in the Traditions and the Homes & Interiors exhibitions. The Swedish Folk Art exhibition features special objects to touch.
Audio guides and public tours
- The museum has audio guides for the exhibitions, providing a wealth of information to listen to. These audio guides are not specifically designed for visually-impaired visitors.
- Contact the booking department for information about public tours: +46 (0)8-519 545 50, or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guide and hearing dogs are welcome at the museum.
- Admission to the museum is always free for companions and assistants.
- The museum cannot provide companions.
For visitors with allergies
- The museum’s restaurant contains living plants. On special occasions, there may be plants elsewhere in the museum. The production of new exhibitions may generate dust and strong odours.
- Guide and hearing dogs are welcome at the museum, but not other animals.
- On request, Nordiska museet's restaurant serves lactose and gluten-free meals. Some pastries are also lactose and gluten free, and free from traces of nuts. Always ask the restaurant staff. They are happy to help.
For children with disabilities
The Playhouse, with its tactile and user-friendly environment, is suitable for children with special needs. It is possible to move around the Playhouse in a wheelchair with assistance, but not on your own. There may be dust, straw and hay on the premises. Opening hours and tickets for the Children's Playhouse
Accessibility for families
- Please enter through the ground floor entrance to the right of the main entrance or the new entrance from the backyard of the museum.
- Inside the museum, the lifts go to all exhibition floors, except for the reception area, which is located on a mezzanine.
- Prams are welcome everywhere in the museum, except in the Playhouse to allow for emergency evacuation.
- Baby changing facilities are located in the cloakroom on the ground floor.
- The restaurant serves pancakes every day. It is also possible to order a children’s portion of the daily special.
- Picnic tables are available in the great hall.