Nordiska museet adheres to the guidelines and recommendations issued by Swedish expert authorities and by the Swedish government, regarding Covid-19. We have prepared a safe museum experience, and welcome a limited number of visitors per day. We aid our visitors to ensure they maintain a safe distance to one another, and grant each other the space to explore the museum at their leisure.
• Our large building is very generous regarding space (5000 square meters), and has multiple exhibition halls. It is easy to maintain a safe distance in relation to other visitors. Our Great Hall measures 126.5 metres in length, with a ceiling height of 24 metres.
• We aid our visitors to ensure they maintain a distance of two metres, (using floor markings and signs) in queues and throughout the building. Tables and chairs are spaced well apart both indoors and outdoors.
• We welcome a limited number of visitors in certain facilities in the museum buildning, this includes the Gift shop, the library and our exhibitions The Arctic – while the ice is meltning and Paris of the North.
• We are currently not offering any guided tours for groups. There is a digital Audioguide available, to download to your own phone. The guide can also be checked out at the self service desk. Please bring your own headphones.
• Our tills are cash free, with plexiglass shields between staff and visitors.
• We have expanded our cleaning routine, to include more frequent sanitation of often-used surfaces and areas throughout the day.
• Hand sanitizer is provided and there are plenty of restrooms for visitors who wish to wash their hands
• We disinfect our digital audioguides before and after they are provided for visitors. Please bring your own headphones.
• If you wish to bring your own food, there is a picnic area with tables in the Great Hall. From July 1st, tables will also be provided in the Backyard.
• Parking for cars and bicycles is available in several locations adjacent to Nordiska museet.
• Our Crisis Management group monitors current events on a daily basis, and is prepared to make alterations regarding our opening hours and activities, should the situation require it.
• Our staff will, of course, stay at home if displaying any symptoms of illness. We ask our visitors to respect the guidelines and do the same, in consideration of each other.
This information is continuously updated and may be subject to change.